Wednesday 5 December 2012

O.O.T.D: Marigold Dots, Gold and Blue

I know you were all just dying to see how I'd style my Marigold Dots dress from eShakti, hehe! Naturally, I ordered the dress about 3 weeks ago when it was still rather unseasonably warm out, and now it's a bit too cold for the deep V neckline of this frock, so I cozied (and covered) up with this blue and gold scarf! I love how the orange tones of the dress look with both the blue and the gold, so I have the feeling these may be worn together again.  I was also sporting a cropped acid wash denim jacket, but I ditched it for walking around the One of a Kind Christmas Craft Show, where these photos were taken.  
I was so happy with how light and swishy the dress felt on, and how nicely the silk falls.  Oh yeah, you thought you could only get polyester dresses from eShakti? Let me make your day.  This dress is a 100% silk outer shell, and it feels wonderful.  They also stock lots of cotton garments (including a cotton poplin that looks quite nice!), so don't think you have to settle when it comes to the fabric.  Never!
There was awkward vogueing.
The Deets:
Scarf: Garage Sale Find 
Marigold Dots Dress: C/O eShakti (style sadly no longer available!)
Belt: Church Sale
Tights: HUE
Cutout Brogues: Jeffrey Campbell
Glasses: Vintage, Kingpin's Hideaway

I finally got around to getting my prescription put into these sweet frames this past weekend! I bought the frames at Kingpin's Hideaway (that's in the basement of Cabaret, my favourite vintage shop in Toronto) during Toronto's Vintage Crawl a few weeks back.  The vintage crawl was great! Stores open late, special discounts, cocktails, and I just happened to be in town that night for an appointment the next day.  Perfection. Plus, these glasses are really great for boring into your soul.  Don't believe me?
--Erin

PS. Don't forget, eShakti is offering 25% off everything in store until December 7th, if you're looking for a new frock for your holiday parties!

*** Dress Provided by eShakti for review.  All words and opinions are my own, and are completely honest. It's nice to be able to share a cool thing once in a while!***  

22 comments:

  1. Ah the dress is so beautiful and so is the colour. I have some major envy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an Erin dress, that's what it is. I love the awkward vogueing almost as much as the dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahha I have to agree. There were many photos of the awkward vogueing, but this one was the right balance of hilarious and not too embarrassing :P. Some woman laughed at me for taking photos, so I felt like striking that balance was important (I barely managed to avoid calling that woman a bitch. Well actually I was going to call her out on being closer to death than I am, but really, who's keeping track?)

      Delete
    2. I would have called Grim Reaper a bitch in a heart beat! Get over yourself Mother Time, you work in a unique,creativity-driven atmosphere, can't she accept a couple pictures? She must have been the janitor? Keep it up woman!

      Delete
  3. That dress is so great! I'm so happy that is silk on the outside. But the color is the best part!

    Oh and the glasses... amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd appreciate the glasses! This is the 5th pair of cat eye frames I've bought in the last 15 months (2 of those are sunnies). It's becoming a problem (but really, it's not a problem)

      --Erin

      Delete
  4. That dress is beautiful, such a great colour and I love the length. You look lovely, and those glasses are fantastic! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The length was such a selling point on this dress for me (plus they actually offered length choices, right up to "mini"!). Too many mass produced "knee-length" dresses end up embarrassingly short on me.... I'm looking at you, Topshop...

      Delete
  5. Just stumbled onto your blog and must say I LOVE your style! Way to pull off mustard yellow and rock it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha! Welcome! Mustard yellow and I have a little love affair going. This dress has more of an orangey tone going on, but it photographed super yellow for some reason! I'm still digging it though :)

      --Erin

      Delete
  6. Oooh, I love this look! The dress looks so comfy and the tights and AMAZING shoes look adorable with the mustard color. Love love the new glasses, too! I've been dying to add some new specs to my wardrobe. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! The dress really is so comfy (I wish I could say the same about the shoes! They're beautiful, but mean to my feet). Ohhh, girl, new glasses are like a whole new personality. I've only been wearing glasses since september 2011, and this is my 3rd pair! I just can't seem to stop (and my newfound health coverage is paying for part of this pair.. Huzzah!). I nearly fell over when I tried these frames on. I never thought I'd find vintage glasses in such great shape, the optometrist who put the lenses in thought they were contemporary till she looked inside the arms!

      --Erin

      Delete
  7. That dress! Those red lips! Those glasses! Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute dress, I love the colour and it's oversized buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those glasses. That hair. You are adorable all around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, you're absolutely adorable! You have seriously the cutest style, that marigold color looks amazing on you! :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you've styled the dress and you have the best glasses ever.

    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Erin!! Nice to meet you! It's pretty rad to meet a fellow red headed Canadian Erin! I love your style, yellow is THE best color to wear. Now following, I hope we can keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eeep that dress color looks so gorgeous with your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute dress and glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This dress is adorable on you! I love the cut and color - so pretty on you! And your glasses are awesome

    <3 katherine

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look absolutely stunning in that dress!! the color is just perfect on you & I love the little polka dots & cut. Great idea laying w/ that scarf, I need to try that some day, i'm the worst at layering for cold. how fun you found your glasses at a vintage shop & put new lenses, I'd never thought of that, how cute!
    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love answering questions (comments, concerns, the works!) so check back sometime for a reply! :)