Monday 10 December 2012

Berries and Baubles

On my walk to work one day last week, I happened to bring my camera along with me.  I admired as I walked, the elaborate and classic decorations strung up on trees and fences, placed in bowls and within windows.  Lovelier still were the natural decorations of late fall that these bits of plastic and glass seem to mimic. The shiny spheres.  The plastic pears and apples springing out of nearly every flower pot in town, a trend I don't really understand.  It's a beautiful time of year, and I enjoy it when it's not too cold to.  I just wish Christmas was in the depths of February, when all is slush and darkness and the bitter bitter cold.

But with any luck, I won't have to walk to work, then. So sure, I'll take the pretty things now.

--Erin

5 comments:

  1. No snow?! What? I wish I could send you some! You should come over and make a snowgal with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we can have hot chocolate after, I am SO down. Seriously, it doesn't feel like winter without snow! (I anticipate I will regret that sentence very very soon...)

      --Erin

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful photos! You have a great eye.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa! Sometimes I feel inferior to other bloggers photography-wise because I don't edit my photos a lot, so I feel like they have a less recognizable "style". It's all about composition, for me!

      --Erin

      Delete
  3. ah, these photographs are so lovely! it just got extremely cold where i am in the past few days, i was also wishing for cold before that! it makes everything feel more like christmas.

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love answering questions (comments, concerns, the works!) so check back sometime for a reply! :)