Friday 12 October 2012

Ottawa Pt.5: Details

As I am sure has become quite evident by this time, I took a LOT of photos while I was in Ottawa.  In preparation for the trip I bought a larger memory card for my camera, and having the freedom to snap away was such a pleasure.  I love being able to look back on so many moments captured over the course of only a few days, those memories are precious for me.  Plus, since I was really sick with a cold while I was actually there, being clear headed and healthy now helps me appreciate the details and the beauty that much more.  Bonus.

Well, I'm off to go board my flight to Quebec City! I'm so looking forward to this little getaway.  Ephraim and I have never been away together, and I am pumped to create some memories together; visit the Musee De Civilisation, sip fancy hot beverages in a french cafe, have lunch in the lower old town, and drink beers in the dungeon near our hotel.  Wander down streets, get lost, take pictures, and find ourselves again.

Yeah, friends, it's going to be a swell time.  

--Erin


6 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures two days in a row! I love your style. :)

    ~Erica
    thepaintedtrailer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Erica!
      Just wait till you see what I have lined up for Monday!! October is shaping up to be my favorite month photography wise, and it's not even half way through :)

      --erin

      Delete
  2. These photos are gorgeous, I definitely need to invest in some more batteries/larger memory cards for my camera - I always run out of battery/space at the worst times. I hope you guys have an amazing time in Quebec, and that you guys create lots of amazing memories xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I am forever writing myself reminders to charge my battery the night before I go some place I know I'll want to take lots of pictures! The memory card I have now lets me take about 430 photos, so I can take 2-3 of the same thing in slightly different exposure or composition and browse through them later to pick my favorites. I could probably do more, but I'd fill my hard drive in a snap! Balance, balance, hah!!

      --Erin

      Delete
  3. Amazing stuff here woman! Loving Ottawa through your lense :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda!
      I just returned from a weekend in Quebec, so I have heap of photos to sort through and share. I Hope the images can stack up to these, it was awfully rainy and overcast in Quebec!

      --Erin

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love answering questions (comments, concerns, the works!) so check back sometime for a reply! :)